Hybrid Solar Energy Australia has the experience and expertise to assist you with the design and installation of your off grid solar solution. We can assist with new installations and upgrade of existing systems. We are trained and certified to install Offgrid Solar systems.
Offgrid Solar Systems
Offgrid systems are usually a combination of power sources that operate independently from the power grid (distribution network), designed to power a multitude of applications from homes, sheds, water pumps, remote communities and anywhere power is required that no grid connected power is available at a reasonable cost. They are referred to as stand alone power systems and can incorporate the use of solar PV, wind generators and petrol generators coupled to a storage source (battery bank).
Deciding to go offgrid
It is important to understand the load requirements first so that the system can be scaled correctly. Every solution varies dependent on its location, the amount of power it can generate each day throughout the year and the amount of backup storage required to ensure a seamless power system that operates year round.
As part of our initial consultation we will work with you to assess your load profile and discuss possible alternatives that may impact the overall cost.
Designing an offgrid solution
The design and installation of an offgrid system takes into account the demand for power, the types of available generation sources, the storage options and assesses the reliability and consumption requirements.
Off-Grid System Design
As part of your initial consultation with Elect Solar we discuss with you the types of power generation and location of equipment. The main components of an offgrid system consist of;
Some key factors when designing an off-grid solution include;
- Location and orientation of solar arrays: It is important to design the solar array to work in both summer and winter months and ensure that suitable generation occurs to provide enough charge for the batteries and household consumption. Solar arrays can vary in the angle they are tilted and the orientation typically focused to the North however East and West orientations or a combination can also be used.
- Shading: Any solar design includes eliminating shading issues. Shading causes significant reduction in the performance of solar arrays.
- Mounting systems: Various Solar array mounting systems can provide improved performance where required.
Mounting systems include;
Ground Mount: Mounted to a purpose built frame on the ground
Roof mount: Installed on existing roof spaces utilising the existing angle of the roof or in conjunction with tilt frames to improve the angle of the panels
Solar tracking systems: Solar tracking systems follow the axis of the sun and can either be single axis (east to west) or dual axis tracking which is constantly adjusting the tilt and orientation to be ideally positioned towards the sun
- Assessing the battery capacity requirements and maximum power demand.
- Generator integration and automation to ensure seamless energy support for the home